Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MY DAILY QUESTION TO MYSELF

"If I had one month to live would this matter?" I've been asking myself that for a couple of days. At church they are going to be starting a bible study that is based on the book One Month to Live. I actually found it at my local library and checked it out. Now I've only read the first few pages, but wow. How would your daily life be lead if you only had one more month. I've had several situations from work to baseball come up and I've asked myself that very question. The answers have been pretty much what I thought. Why dwell on little stupid things that do nothing to me but bring me irritation and grief. I look forward to finishing the book and maybe doing the study with the whole family. Cherish what you have right now. Does it really matter if the lady messed up your drink at Starbucks? In the grand scheme of things not really.

My sweet friend April had a great idea that I'd like to copy. This Sunday the day before school starts we are having a "special" dinner and are going to have the boy's favorites. Fancy table and all. What a great way to make them feel special, thanks April. So what would you do differently if you had only one month to live? Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...this question hits close to home. We are cherishing each day we have with my brother right now...even though we don't have a definitive length of time. I love living this way though. So much more joy in day-to-day life.

    And I am so glad your family is having a special dinner! It will become a great family tradition and form lasting memories. Have fun. I can't wait to see the pictures. YOU BETTER TAKE PICTURES!!!

    And P.S. That is what blogging is all about...to great ideas, to be inspired, to be taught, to be encouraged. That is why I spend so much of my time blogging, but after asking myself your question...the answer should probably be "a little less blogging"...but I would never completely give it up!

    ReplyDelete