Friday, August 27, 2010

School Shopping on a Budget

It's that time of year, the end of summer, end of warm weather, the carefree days at home for the kids and the days that make our pocketbooks tremble with fear.  These are a few of my tips and I'll share some of the deals I got along the way.  I've been picking up school supplies since they started showing up on display at the stores.  Spiral notebooks for .15, composition books .50, pens $1 per pack, glue sticks .25.  I didn't buy it all in one fail swoop, remember the budget.  But a few here and a few there and you can accumulate more than you think.  I took each boy out seperately this week, shopping with both boys together makes this mom crazy.  This week's shopping focused on shirts and shorts, in a couple weeks we focus on pants and sweatshirts.  We got shoes and shorts on clearance with an extra 50% off.  Score!!  Don't get frustrated if money is tight, there are always options.  Whether it be planning way ahead, shopping clearance racks or paroozing the thrift store aisles.  I've done all three.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment