Friday, August 13, 2010

Domestically Driven

Remember my post from months back that my word for the year is driven?  Well I'm still striving towards new things that make my stretch, physically, emotionally, spiritually.  My drive right now is learning and equipping to entertain people in my home.  I frequent the local thrift stores and my current finds include a beautiful tablecloth, crackle vase, clear glass pyrex platter, 4 glass salad plates and a secret find that I'll share later when my camera is handy.  I also bought 3 clear glass plates from Bed, Bath & Beyond to give me a total of 8 dinner plates.  Total cost under $15.  I'm now moving on to 4 bar stools, my kitchen table is bistro height.  So, if my friends come over I need to be able to seat them somewhere other than the couch.  Many thanks to my girlfriends, Kelly, Sandy & Amy who let me ask many "stupid" questions about what they do and what they have at their homes.  The info I've gathered from them is priceless.  I'm trying to come up with a menu for my first gathering my Reluctant Entertainer book says cook things you know so I'll be working on that.  I've always thought that having people over didn't mean having  to serve prime rib or crab, why not spaghetti??  It's the friends not the food right? Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment