Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Better Preparation

In the last couple of days I have figured that my lack of preparation has been key in the quest to lose weight and be healthy. I find when hunger strikes whether I'm at work or running to a ball game if I don't have a healthy choice available to me my instinct is to fall back to whatever might be convenient and most likely it's not healthy. So, I'll be trying to make sure I have snacks that can go in my purse as well as keeping "good" stuff in my desk. Seems simple enough but a hard habit to break none the less. The headache has not come yet from no soda but I do find myself craving it. I've been drinking water at work and iced tea (splenda) at home. My husband has lost 10 pounds since June 1st by cutting out soda....dirty dog. He's not officially in our LOSER club but I'll post his weight loss as well. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on day one, Michelle! The iced tea is probably taking care of the caffiene for you so the headache won't be so bad. And healthy snack options are key. I've been grabbing a handful of almonds once a day.

    ReplyDelete