Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Homemade Gifts



My initial thought was I was going to knit a gift per month and by the time Christmas got here I would have 12 gifts ready to go.  Okay, so I only have 3 which is half of my quota.  I am definately not a speed knitter but have things like lacrosse, baseball yada yada that suck up my knitting time.  Those are all just excuses, I usually knit after the boys have gone to bed and Ralph & I are up watching tv.  I came to the realization last week that I hated everything I was currently knitting and that's why I hadn't touched it in a couple weeks.  So I fixed my slump by taking the four projects I had going off the needles and starting fresh.  Ahhhh, I am so excited!  I am doing an afghan blanket.  Normally that utter thought of knitting something that big would be to much, but this one is 24 squares, all different patterns and coordinating colors.  Kind of similar to putting quilt blocks together (another love of mine).  I'll post the square when I'm finished but for now you can see the Feather and Fan Scarf I finished.  Not sure who will be the recipient at Christmas but it was fun to do.  Homemade gifts are the best to give and receive.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. thats the way to do it on your afghan...different colors and designs, you won't get bored with it. By the time your sick of the color or pattern its time to move onto the next. post pictures as it progresses...

    ReplyDelete