Monday, November 23, 2009

Being Together

I think the thing I like most about the holidays is just simply being together. I didn't grow up getting a massive mound of presents from my parents. We got some and then usually a few from aunts and uncles, but what I looked forward to the most was going to my Aunt Cheryl's to eat and be with everyone the whole day. We spent Thanksgiving and Christmas at her house. My dad will come over and have dinner with us on Thursday and then we will head out as a family to the movies. Sounds weird maybe, but since we aren't around a ton of family we made a tradition of going to the movies. It's open and there usually isn't a lot of people there. This year we are going to see New Moon. There are so many movies we want to see but we need to space them out a bit. We are taking Ryan and a friend to dinner and a movie for his birthday, so we are saving Old Guys or A Christmas Carol for that day. I got my pie crust made and in the fridge, I baked my pumpkin for pumpkin pies last night. The turkey is defrosting, all in all we are ready to rock and roll. It's time to get your bake on, I'm a dork I know. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. New Moon is good. Like really good. Going to see it for the second time tonight. I'm the dork. Looks like you've got things ready for this week. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete