Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How Do You Eat An Elephant?

240.5

One bite at a time they say, but gross who wants to eat elephant?  Not me for sure.  But that is basically the philosophy I'm with my ongoing weight loss.  This week at my weigh in I lost .5 lb, may not seem like a lot but as long as the number is doing down that's all that matters.

There was a discussion a week ago at the meeting that sometimes people are surprised by the number on the scale not sure how they gained that week.  I don't buy it, on the weeks when I've had gains (thank God it's only happened a couple times)  I know exactly why I gained.  Not paying attention to what I was eating and settling back into the old habits that got me here in the first place.  Taking responsibility for your own actions isn't easy for some.  I could come up with dozens of reasons why I got fat and how I could make it someone elses fault, but when it all comes down to it.  It was my choice and my choice alone, noone force fed me one bite. 

But now I have a choice to love me and to do what is necessary to make my body the temple it's supposed to be.  I'm not saying I'll be 125 lbs again like when Ralph & I first met.   But I will be trying to treat my body with the respect it deserves.  R.E.S.P.E.C.T find out what it means to me.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment