Monday, December 27, 2010

Time to Slumber

That's what I think when looking at my Christmas decorations and knowing I will be packing them up this weekend.  I enjoy every minute they are up, since they only live for 30 days outside of their Christmas crates they are packed in.  Stephanie & I braved the crowds yesterday to get some Christmas deals for next year.  We had so much fun, just the girls no kids, no hubbies.  I always buy my Christmas cards at Target and can usually pick up Christmas themed foil, body wash and candles for 50% off.  Half off ornaments make great gifts for the following year for family & friends.

 Next year I'm going old school with my tree.  I found the fluffiest silver/gold garland and will spend the next year looking for vintage glass ornaments like I had when I was a kid.  They will go nicely with the boys homemade ornaments.  I don't have a tree topper, I may have to take some time finding one of those too.  I forgot my camera so I can't post any pics from Christmas day. 

We used to have a tradition of going to my mom's good friends house on Christmas Eve and eating appetizers and visiting.  My own family doesn't have a tradition on Christmas Ever and I think I want one.  Do you have one?  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment